Sunday, March 11, 2012

The John Ross Condos... What is it like to live in a condo?

I live in The John Ross Condominiums at the south waterfront in Portland Oregon, and there are a few things about living in condos that I would like to share with readers.

I have a great view.  Because many condos are high rises, many condos have great views.  I love the great view, especially at night.


View from a Portland Condo at the South Waterfront.

They build condos where people want to live, so the location plays a huge role in the decision to buy a condo.  There are no free standing homes in the South Waterfront or the Pearl District, so if you want the convenience of living downtown in these neighborhoods, condos, townhouses and apartments are your only options.

Living in a condo is very convenient is some ways, and awkward in other ways.  It is super convenient having a trash chute just a few feet away from my door.  Underground parking is awesome. Having a concierge is fantastic.  There aren't any bugs on the 19th floor.  Seriously, I haven't seen a single spider, ant or moth since I live here.

Riding the elevator is awkward.  You are in a box with a stranger for 30 seconds or a minute.  Grocery shopping is awkward.  If you have more than what you can carry in one load, you have to get a cart or make more than one trip.

There is almost no noise transfer in this building, but I would never play loud music.

I love living in a condo.  It is a lifestyle choice that really works for me.

brian porter

2 comments:

  1. I want to experience living in a condo too. I dreaming to live in Makati condominium for rent. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How I wish to leave in a condo and I will work hard to make it possible.

    ReplyDelete